Thursday, July 16, 2009

Am I the only one who finds this disturbing?

From President Obama's interview today on CBS, pushing Health Care Reform:

"'I think the best way to fund it is for people like myself, who
have been very lucky and are in the top -- not just 1 percent, but top
half percent -- of the income ladder to pay a little bit more,' Mr.
Obama said.


"Lucky," Mr. President? LUCKY?!

This is the core of the Health Care debate, and so many others. Those
of us who have spent within our means, studied hard, avoided costly
habits, gone to work when we didn't feel like it, and rebutted the
temptation to run up huge debts are "LUCKY?"

You can cut-and-paste anything into "Health Care" above and it applies
in modern political discussion. Those of us who can (barely) afford
health care and other things are "lucky," We just woke up one morning
and found a way to pay the bills. To thank us for our frugality, our
Commander-In-Chief is ordering us to pay more for those who in many
cases made piss-poor life decisions.

I am doing everything in my power not to scream at this line of
thinking. This is NOT why government exists.

I need a beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment